PE and Sport Premium
Funding for the PE and Sport Premium
Schools receive PE and Sport Premium funding from the Department for Education based on the number of pupils within years 1-6. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sports but have the freedom to choose how best to do this as long as it helps achieve the following aims:
- to develop or add to the PE physical activity and sport that the school provides;
- to build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made will benefit pupils in future years.
Schools use the PE premium to make improvements against the following 5 key indicators.
- to increase children's participation in sport;
- to raise the profile of PE and sport across the school;
- to increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE;
- to provide a broader experience of sports to pupils;
- to improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
This academic year (2021-2022) Saxmundham Primary will receive £18,313 in addition to £5433 which we carried forward from the previous year. In total, our PE and Sports Premium Grant is £23,746.
Please see the attached to find out more about how we spend our Sport Premium.